Thursday 12 February 2015

Dawn chorus

Hi Everyone, I hope I find you all well  and enjoying your week.

For those of you in the northern hemisphere have you noticed the clamour of the dawn chorus is getting more musical by the day?  I certainly have, the lone Robin's call has been joined by the Blackbird, song thrush and sparrow over the last few days, heralding the glorious onset of spring, sun and spring growth, I love watching for the signs appearing, don't get me wrong, I love all seasons, especially the start of each one.  Our local pond in the Dell is still half frozen but the ducks are greater in numbers and very hungry as are the garden birds, a good sign that nests may soon be built. 

I have bought some new material this week to make dresses for Jessica, and a workbag for me, trouble is I keep changing my mind as to which to use for what, all patterns are suitable for both, have to make up my mind next week as I have to start making them.  In the meantime I have two carrot cakes and two chocolate cakes in the oven ready for the next couple of weeks, one of each for our packed lunches and one of each for Jo, Andrew and Jessica.  I will also know whether my fleece fits Jessica nicely, which will be my guide for the dress patterns.  I am set to become very busy in the next couple of weeks.   

This weeks offering is "Dawn Chorus" by Sarah Dugdale, I hope you like it.

Image result for dawn chorus music

Dawn Chorus

March 29, 2010
Every morning since the time changed
I have woken to the dawn chorus
And even before it sounded, I dreamed of it
Loud, unbelievably loud, shameless, raucous

And once I rose and twitched the curtains apart
Expecting the birds to be pressing in fright
Against the pane like passengers
But the garden was empty and it was night

Not a slither of light at the horizon
Still the birds were bawling through the mists
Terrible, invisible
A million small evangelists

How they sing: as if each had pecked up a smouldering coal
Their throats singed and swollen with song
In dissonance as befits the dark world
Where only travellers and the sleepless belong

Bye until next week, thank you for joining me once again, have a wonderful week wherever you are, Love, Daisychain

No comments:

Post a Comment