Tuesday 5 May 2020

Isolation knitting - not all bad

Hi, here we are in our week ?, whatever week of isolation this is, I think it is 8 now, but have lost count, unlike the stitches on my needle, I am very well aware of those!  Sitting at my laptop with the rain lashing the window panes, waiting for this week's provisions to arrive from the supermarket, wondering what will actually arrive and what, will not be available, flour I am sure will be absent for the 5th week running, and planning my next project.  Toddler C's jacket is nearly finished, just the sewing up to do, Miss J's cardi is coming on swimmingly, and I cannot wait to start on the Rowan Elder Throw, this is a free pattern from KnitRowan, and is a monthly release, I have saved them to my laptop and will be starting very soon, can't wait.  I love Rowan patterns, beautiful to knit, good easy to follow instructions.  Happy knitting, crocheting or sewing.  I found this poem by Cory Wade which I love and wanted to share with you, also photos of current and future projects below.  Thanks you for reading and see you all next week.

Knitting Litany
by Cory Wade

Most agitated hands, be my salvation.
Most restless eye, look only here.
Most anxious heart, trust in this singular fact:
something can come from nothing.
The miracle turns on every stitch:
with every whispered row,
leaves, waves, flowers and stars
drop from my fingers.

In this, the crest of the wave, my heart
rises up and drops as I roll the wave.
Row after row I make the wave,
rising and dropping stitch after stitch;
there is no end to the waves,
to the world in my hands:

cockle shell, wolf's claw, wasp nest, bear's paw,
apple leaf, lamb's lettuce, pine tree, gull wing,
honeycomb, cloud and mountain, four sisters,
frost flowers, summer fountain, hyacinth,
sycamore, granite laurel, lynx eye,
drooping elm, wheat germ, cakes and waffle,
clover leaf, blue bell, bell rib, banana tree,
ant egg, rosebud, terrapin, butterfly,
barley ear, beehive, lady's lace and willow bed,
per omnia saecula and saeculorum.

These are the prayers I say these days.
A simple co-creator, I trust in simple decorum.
Wanting something to come of nothing,
I make only slight demands:
Let starfish, berries, and foxglove
fall now from my hands!



No comments:

Post a Comment